Special Investigation Service (STT) started to implement project “Strengthening law enforcement analytical capacity in preventing and detecting corruption crimes against EU financial interests” under the European Anti-Fraud Office (OLAF) HERCULE III program.
The aim of the project is – to increase the functionality of the analytical information system in order to strengthen and protect national and the European Union’s financial interests from corruption. This enables speeder, more efficient and better quality process of analysis and visualization of large amounts of data in different formats; enables to merge and optimize processes of all STT activities.
The STT information system will be complemented by the following separate, interoperable components: software for visual-associative, geographic (spatial) and textual analysis, and hardware for displaying and saving big data.
Expected short-term results:
• Faster detecting and eliminating of corruption related threats and risks to national and European Union financial interests;
• More prevented and disclosed most complicated corruption related offenses, which are most damaging to the state and the European Union;
• More effective identification and disclosure of foreign bribery cases in international business transactions;
• Evidence-based anti-corruption measures installed.
Expected long-term results:
• Reduce of corruption treats and risks to national and European Union financial interests;
• Reduce the prevalence of corruption;
• Reduce the damage caused by corruption to Lithuanian and European Union financial interests;
• Integrity culture in the public and private sectors will be strengthened.
Project is funded by OLAF. The total value of the project is EUR 457 016. Project contract signed in 2018 December 12.
This is the fourth OLAF project STT is implementing.